Friday 2 November 2018

Route 66 -Part IV

Hi there 

  The morning I woke up bit late and almost had to rush through to the breakfast.Again it was time to ride on the beautiful highways.The first halt was at Fanning to see the worlds largest Rocking chair.This chair was build by Dan and Carolyn Sanazaro. The chair is 42'11" tall,20'" wide and 27,000 lbs in weight.
 
 



 There is also one family run store next to the chair,The Fanning Outpost General store,very well run store and superbly stocked.



Fanning out post general store


Thorsten and Belinda



    After about 20 miles on the road  we entered the famous Ozarks forest ,a lot many movies have been filmed in this forest.Before we reached the Devils  Elbow bridge ,Richard let us loose and told us to to ride up to the bridge ,at whatever speed we can.However me, Mark and Marco stuck to gather and rode as a group till the bridge . 

   The forest it self is pretty thick and had no traffic.The bridge is on the big Piney river and was part of old route 66.After quick photo break it was time to move again.



Devils Elbow bridge 


 













  
 Back in the formation it was time for lunch,we halted at Sweet water barbque.It has been run by the same family from past 80 yrs,for vegetarian like me it just had boiled corn,and I had to eat that only as my lunch.









Certificate given by military police to the BBQ








Highway outside the BBQ 

     After lunch it was back on the free way ,I changed my position after discussing with Shane ,now I was at the back of the group,with nothing to worry about rider in front of me ,it felt like the whole lane was for me ,also this was the first time I started using cruise control.As my position got firm on the saddle I started enjoying the route now ,it was such a pleasure to ride on the beautiful highway,it was bliss.

    Our next stop was Gay Parita Sinclair station at Ash Grove.When Gary turner retired,he acquired the Gary's Gay Parita .It is the tribute to the original Sinclair gas station established by Fred and Gay Mason.However Gary passed away in 2015,at present it is being run his daughter and her husband.








In memory of original owners

    The owners are superb they welcome us with Ice Cream,coffee and water melons,they were very passionate about route 66,such a open hearted people they had opened their house also, for us for use of washrooms.If you are in route 66 ,you dont have to miss this place .They were very surprised and happy to meet a rider from India.They had beautiful memories of Visit to India .we all were enjoying so much that twice Richard had to almost shout to get us on the bikes.







     After a brief refueling stop it was time head for the night halt at Joplin.Before that we made a halt at Ozark Harley thereafter we reached the tour hotel in Joplin .



Ozark HD




    We were welcomed by the hotel manger Lori,she not only got all the bikes parked welcomed each one of us but also gave us a route 66 patch-only hotel to do so.The Hampton Inn staff at Joplin was superb and off course Lori the manager.I casually told her that I dont drink coffee I drink tea,such just got me a masala tea sachet!!! next morning before leaving she handed me a Pack of masala tea sachet,what an amazing person.

     Evening we went to Outback steak house,lovely place with prompt service,as usual there was no choice for me I just had onion Pakors and Salad.  

     

Outback steak house from eye of my bike



Free Onion Pakora's!!!!


This onions are Huge!!!


Lori the Manager



   The fantastic day came to an end ,weather was fantastic and time to hit the bed.
























2 comments: