Sunday 2 February 2020

Burning rubber in Canada , Part 16 Toronto

Hi there

  It was late afternoon and beautiful weather by the time I landed in Toronto. Few strides from arrival area and I was on my way to my destination -China town . To reach china town I used all the three modes of transport first Bus than  metro and finally  tram . My hostel in china town was Two Peas Pod hostel  . Its not a typical Japanese pod ,but individual bunk beds with curtains for privacy and TV. Offers fair amount of privacy .

  After freshening up I went out for dinner in nearby Chinese restaurant and called it a day after a small stroll .


Departure Vancouver


First glimpse of Toronto





   Next day it was time to visit The Niagara Falls . I will be going along with my friend Saurav Addy  of almost 23 years whom I was meeting after almost 20 yrs . Addy as we call him has settled down in Canada from past 17 years and is now a Canadian citizen . After getting due directions to reach Addys home I was at his door at the given time ,what a meeting ! from that moment on wards it was just talking while going to Niagara falls , reliving our old memories it was such a beautiful drive. 



Addys porch


Saurav Addy 

 The moment I saw Niagara it was dream come true years of planning brought me here ,thank you Saurav .


Niagara 















Self and Addy 











Bridge between Canada and USA







We ended our Niagara trip with a late lunch at one of the Indian restaurant .



    By evening I was back in the hostel for dinner it was thai restaurant in china town  . The restaurant was  run by a thai family its pretty pocket friendly,taste was superb .









 Next day it was time to visit the Aquarium a short ride and walk from China town I was at the aquarium . It is one the best I have visited, its huge and very friendly ,there was massive crowd however there was no pushing or rushing everything was moving so smoothly .




 





Children area



















The Shark tunnel 

























 









One can touch a live specimen under supervision







Piranha















Master Control Center









It was late in the evening by the time  I reached my hostel and called it a day.









4 comments: